Training Camp Buzz: Samsonov misses Capitals practice with injury
- "At this point in camp when guys have been on the ice for a while and something happens, I think you proceed with caution and that's where we're at right now," Capitals coach Peter Laviolette said.
- "We're in the process of talking with our team doctors right now and our first concern, first and foremost, is just trying to manage through this short window where we've had a couple of players test positive," coach Mike Sullivan said.
- "We're going to try to stop it as best we can and get ahead of it there.
- We're going to do everything we can as a team.
- For example, we're going to start testing our players every single day, and our staff.".
- Pittsburgh begins the regular season Oct.
- Brock Boeser will be out the rest of the preseason because of an undisclosed injury, general manager Jim Benning said Sunday.
- "We're hoping that he's ready to start the year, but we'll just have to see how the injury progresses," Benning said.
- Benning also said center Brandon Sutter won't be available to start the regular season.
- "He won't be available to start the season with us, and we'll just continue to monitor him to see where he's at and then once he starts feeling better, he'll get out on the ice and then we'll have a better timeline as to when he'll be back." -- Kevin Woodley.
- We hope everything's OK," New Jersey coach Lindy Ruff said after the preseason game.
- "He tried to skate for a few days and just wasn't feeling right, so we did a bunch of tests done with him," Oilers coach Dave Tippett said
- "[Archibald is] a good player for us, he's kind of our lead guy on the penalty kill and somebody is going to have to fill those roles," Tippett said
Want the trending hockey news in your inbox daily?.
Just add your email, and we'll start sending you the most important hockey news of the day.